Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 22 - Personal Training Day 13

Another tough, but good, workout. After 5 min. on the elliptical I was greeted with 10 exercises. I'd perform three total sets then do 10 minutes on the elliptical at level 8, incline 20 (just when I thought there were no mountains in Florida...). I'll try to recall the work out:
1. Quick step-ups with one leg on the middle of the bench - 40/leg
2. Chest press - 15 lb. dumbbells with simultaneous leg lifts - 20 reps
3. Lat pull down - 60 lbs. -15 reps
4. Static squat while doing alternating arm row (20 lbs.) - 40 reps
5. Laying chest fly with 12-lb. dumbbells - 20 reps
6. Seated quad raise - 30 lbs - 20 reps (torture)
7. Walking lunges with 8-lb. bicep curls on the way up (down hall/back)
8. Squat to overhead press - 10 lbs - 15 reps
9. Triceps dual-arm kickbacks w/ pink resistance tubing (hard! hard!)
10. Crunch with 6-lb. ball overhead to meet one leg - 20 each leg

Sweat would be an understatement. And I drank 40 oz. of water during the workout. Byoung graciously pressed the foam ball into my upper left back's knot post-workout and made me very aware that some serious massage is needed. It has been since February!

No comments: