Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 19 - 6 miles + 2 hours of tennis

After missing the 7 mile run with the girls yesterday due to a prior engagement, I skipped physical activity Saturday and almost skipped it today. After not too much sleep, and a breakfast of oatmeal and peanut butter, I set out to run 4 miles. It was overcast and breezy, and I was in a tank top, shorts, and visor. Around mile 3 I felt good and kept going, aiming now for 5 miles. I ended up doing 6 miles. Around mile 4 I was thirsty, and darted into an ice cream shop to ask for water. The irony! I finished in less than 58 minutes and felt good, but the sun was out and it was warm - 75 degrees and 50% humidity when I was finishing. Then a friend asked to play tennis and we played a whole set and part of a second one. The weather was great and we were atop a parking garage looking at the St. Johns River downtown. Pretty cool.

No comments: