Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15 - Personal Training Day 10

Time flies - 10 sessions already. I prepped for the workout by trying something new: a Myoplex light chocolate fudge protein shake (17 grams) at 4:15 p.m. After warming up I was presented my workout. It would be like climbing a mountain — the first exercise I'd perform 10 reps, then the next exercise I'd do 20 reps, then the next 30, then back to 20, then 10, and so forth. I'd do this whole thing three complete times. At the end of the first entire set (of about 10 exercises) I headed outside to run two laps around the block, or a total of .29 of a mile. It was a nice day so I was happy to get outside. The workout included squats while holding the 30-lb. bar and then lifting to an overhead press, lunges with overhead triceps press (10-lb. ball), tossing the huge 6 pound ball in the air (a guaranteed heart rate booster), single-arm lat pulldowns while sitting on the bosu ball, bicycle crunches, sit ups, kettle ball thrusts (still not a fan), decline push ups, burpees (thankfully only 10 repetitions) and squats with shoulder press while standing on a balancing pad. Kelly and I even threw in an extra lap at the end to total more than a mile of running overall. Overall a good workout, I had lots of energy and saw my heart rate climb to 171.

1 comment:

Kristie@ Social Gracious said...

Ewww, burpees stink. Kudos for you to sticking to your new plan!