Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13 - Personal Training Session 9

Definition was slammed at 5:40 when I arrived after work. I warmed up and was greeted with a circuit of 10 exercises that I'd perform three times total. First was double lunges with two squats after 2 left-leg lunges and 2 right-leg lunges. This was the toughest exercise of the day. Next was squats with a 30-pound dumbbell between my legs that I'd drop to the floor and lift back up. This was followed by single arm incline chest press (12 pounds) then 15 lat pulldowns. Next was chest press with a resistance tube - 25 with my left leg out then 25 with my right leg out. I then stood on top of a bench with one leg in the center and the other leg dangling off the back. I squatted down on the one leg while keeping my balance, which is fairly difficult. (15 on each leg) It was today that I realized I'd never be an Olympic gymnast. The next was the windshield wiper, where I laid on a mat with two 12-lb. dumbells above me (elbows on the floor) for stability. I then moved my legs in a reverse V shape. Next were lunges with reverse overhead chops with 4-lb. ball. These were very tricky, as I have trouble keeping my hip/knee/foot alifned. Then I did the kettle bell hip thrust (still akward) with a 17-lb. dumbell. Last were 50 bicycle crunches. I repeated and then did 10 minutes on the elliptical before being stretched. I had cake and fruit and a croissant sandwich around 3:30 at a surprise wedding shower at work. Surprisingly I felt okay after that and hope I burnt it all off!

1 comment:

TK said...

You inspire me. Keep blogging!