Saturday, August 22, 2009

August 22 - 10 MILES - DOUBLE DIGITS AGAIN!


Crystal, Kristie, Caron, Sonya

Finally, I believe running "success" is back in the air. Looking back through my blog postings, I realized I hadn't done a double digit run since May 31! The last time I ran 9 I was hurting at mile 7.5. Today I didn't "hurt" at all. After toast with peanut butter, I met about 11 people for a 5:30 a.m. 6-mile run through downtown over both bridges (it had been awhile) and it went surprisingly well. We did 3:1 run/walk ratios and about a 9:40 pace. I ran up and over the first with ease. The pace of the group picked up by the time we crossed the larger bridge but I was still okay. We then did three miles with the Galloway group, and then I ran one more with Crystal, to round it out at ten. I wore my IT strap the entire way, adding a layer of prewrap underneath to attempt to keep it from slipping. It wasn't as hot or humid as last Saturday, thankfully. I am crossing my fingers for continued success and recovery...

No comments: