Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10 - 1.5 miles + 3 miles (walked)

Yesterday I walked for about 3 1/2 miles (Garmin decided not to turn on) and played sand volleyball for about an hour and a half. I set off to do 3-4 miles but after a mile and a half, above my left knee was hurting a bit, so I decided it was best to stop. I did the elliptical for 15 minutes and then did two and a half sets of:
1. Chest press w/ 22.5 lb dumbbells (17 reps)
2. Assisted pull up machine (12 reps)
3. 2-minute wall sits
4. Triceps pull overs
5. Bicep curls (10 lbs) with ab/legs extended
6. Lat pull downs (70 lbs x 13 reps)
7. Shoulder combo (side and front raise) - 5 lbs.
8. Seated row

Then I played three games of knockout (basketball) from the 3-point line with Chris and Curry. Talk about a workout! My goodness. Overall my legs felt very heavy today and my HR was relatively low on the treadmill and elliptical but I also felt tired. Got almost 8 hours of sleep last night but much less the prior days.

After work I walked 3 miles outside in about 46 minutes. Great for clearing the head and getting fresh (but extremely hot) air!

No comments: