Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18 - 5 + 3 = 8 miles

Had a late dinner last night with dad (in town from CA) at Carabba's - mussels, bread w/ olive oil, and a big salad with shrimp and scallops. Ran five miles on the treadmill and the first one didn't feel great but by mile 2 I felt fine. My new IT strap kept sliding down since I was sweating, which was annoying, but hopefully I can figure out how to make it stay in place. I ran a mile walked a minute, completing 5 miles in 50:40. I got up to 6.5 mph at the end, and my HR hovered around 155-165 for most of the run. I did arms and back afterwards, and made sure to stretch throroughly.

After work I needed some fresh air so I walked to the dumpster (quarter mile) and then decided to jog back home. I felt good, and kept going - completing 3 miles in 31 minutes. Not bad considering I walked the first quarter mile. I was surprised I got up to 9:20 pace, but ran most of it at 9:40. It actually felt considerably nice outside, with a slight breeze - 86, 67% humidity.

No comments: