Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 31 - 2 miles

After being sick for the past few days and being unable to breathe (and, run) it was time again to attempt the treadmill. I took Sunday off from exercise and had done about 45 minutes on the elliptical Saturday, trying to sweat out the sickness. So I ran 2 miles in less than 20 but got bored quickly and saw an elliptical open up and swapped for 40 minutes, keeping my heart rate around 152-162. Still stuffy and tired but it felt good. Monday afternoon went to personal training session number 3 and was scared since I still wasn't feeling 100%. It went well and it was hard (my knees and legs were sweating by the end). A lot of squat and lunge type exercises and the dreaded quad lift. Some lat pulldowns, some incline chest press, a little decline push up, triceps pulldowns, ahhh! My HR hovered around 160-172 for the most part but I was breathing fine.

No comments: