Saturday, March 7, 2009

March 7 - 7 miles & 2 bridges

After Tuesday morning's 6 mile treadmill run, I was feeling a bit blah and tired. I did an hour on the elliptical Wednesday afternoon then took off from gym activities Thursday & Friday. I was in a funk Friday afternoon, possibly due to two days away from my second home (the gym). Last night I had a tasty dinner at Urban Flats - salad, a glass of Australian shiraz, diver scallops with polenta cake and spinach and green tea Yogaberry for dessert. I slept okay. This morning (58 degrees, I was armed in a long-sleeve Under Armour and shorts) Kelly and Rachael were meeting up to do 7 miles downtown, so I joined them, and quite a few others (50?) showed up to run. We did 4 to 1s and ran over both bridges, which was slightly challenging. After the first mile or so I explained that my left knee has been weird, and occasionally it'll pop. I asked the girls if they thought it was common, or if I should go to the eye doctor. "Huh? Why would you do that?" Rachael said. I then realized I wasn't awake (obviously) and that I had been to the eye doctor earlier in the week, so it must have been in my short-term memory. I meant knee/orthopaedic doc! We finished in 1:13, stretched, then went to grab breakfast. Kelly and I then checked out the grand opening of the Jacksonville Running Company store and after testing out several pairs, we both bought a pair of the same running shoes - Etonics. A first for both of us!

No comments: