Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10 - 6 (humid) miles

Sunday morning I did 30 minutes on the elliptical then ran for 2 miles on the treadmill and my legs still feel sluggish. (recover, already, would you!?) Yesterday I rested and today, despite not sleeping too well, I was back at it. I secured my favorite treadmill yet again in hopes of running 5 miles. It was so humid and hot in the gym, even with my super dri-fit Reebok T-shirt. It was 58 outside with 93% humidity but it was steamy in that gym. I ran a mile, walked a minute, and so on - until I hit 6 miles in 59:59 (talk about cutting it close!). For the most part I ran at 5.9 to 6.2, and at the end got up to 7.7 mph. I even threw in a 5 minute hill, around mile 4. I felt okay, but obviously very sweaty, and right after I finished and let my heart rate come down from 178 to 145 my left outer knee hurt a bit. I stretched well, finished my 32 oz of water, and headed out.

1 comment:

jen said...

Great run! A muggy gym is the worst.