Monday, January 5, 2009

January 5 - 7.75 miles

Self portrait, post 7.75 miles!


Testing 0ut the new kicks -- New Balance 767s

I didn't wake up for the gym this morning so I ate lunch (water, deer sausage, string cheese, carrots, and a Reese's peanut butter cup) at my desk and decided to run after work since it'd still be light out. Since I hadn't run outside by myself in ages, I wasn't sure which route I'd take - I had a few options, depending how I felt. I did the .8 mile loop on the way out, and then could choose between the 4.5 mile, the 7 mile, or the 3 mile. The 4.5 would have me cross traffic, the 3 seemed too short, so I went with the longest. Around the 3 mile mark I saw a quarter on the ground, and decided I'd pick it up on the way back if it was still there. (it wasn't) The run went surprisingly well and I only stopped to walk a few times, but ran the majority of the way. At the 4.3 mile mark I stopped into Tropical Smoothie for a cup of ice water, then continued on. Overall I did about 7.75 miles in 80 minutes. It was 73 degrees, 55% humidity. I tested out my new New Balance shoes (I had only logged 1 mile in them thus far) and they felt good, my left foot didn't hurt. Hard to believe I've been training since July and I'm already in my third pair of running shoes!

No comments: