Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9 - 5.5 miles

After too many cookies (WHY do people bring/have cookies in the workplace? And why must I always be tempted? It's in my DNA, I swear!), I knew I needed to run 3 or 4 easy miles after work. I wasn't too motivated either. But, coincidentally, as I was getting out of my car my friend Danae walked by in running gear. We chatted and I explained I was about to change clothes and go for a run myself. She suggested we join forces. Moments later we were off - to the tune of about a 10:15 pace - with the goal of running a 4.5 mile loop. We felt good and chatted the whole way, catching up on life, and decided to throw an extra loop in. We completed 5.5 miles without stopping in 59:30. It was great weather and great company. I miss good runs with a friend!

No comments: