Monday, September 14, 2009

August 14 - Visit with the Physical Therapist/Massage Therapist

So today was the big day. I was hoping to find out what is wrong with my knee/IT band. Went to a massage/physicial therapist. She asked a lot of questions, then had me lay down, stand up, sit up — all to see if one leg or one hip was higher than the other. Everything was okay. She then did different massage assessments and, as usual, the same areas were exceptionally tight and/or knotty...upper back, hamstrings (near IT band), calves, etc. There are so many things that could be causing the pains I've been having, she said. Switching shoes, a change in diet, etc. The biggest things to watch for changes are: stress, sleep, salt, sugar and caffeine. Well, I've been stressed, had varying amounts of sleep, and have increased my caffeine consumption lately (lots of Tazo hot tea at work!). I also have tight muscles. So, unfortunate for me, I left with no clear answers and $85 less in my bank account.

No comments: