Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 13 -Personal Training Day 36

Ate healthy all day, had a string cheese prior to the workout and lots of water and hot tea. Warm up was a mile run with Andres, who stopped at the halfway point. HR to 167.
Three sets of:
1. Leg press (185 lbs x 25 reps)
2. Assisted pull-up machine (100 lbs x 15 reps)
3. Step up on large box (20 reps each leg)
4. Walking lunge w/ overhead tri extension (10 lb. ball)
5. Elliptical level 10/incline 20% - 4 minutes
6. Incline barbell press (45 lb. bar x 20 reps)
7. 12-lb. ball toss (25 reps)
8. Lat pulldown (70 lbs x 15 reps)
9. Dumbbell shoulder combo (5 lbs x 12 of each of the 5: front raises, side raises, angled side raises, rotator cuff, overhead press)
10. 1-leg toe touch crunches w/ 6-lb. ball (25 each leg)

Then 10 minutes level 10 on the bike afterwards. I feel in shape and energetic but these workouts lately have been wiping me out. I have grown to hate the walking lunge w/ tri extension because I've been doing it a lot lately. Same goes with the ball toss and shoulder combo (it hurts — 60 straight shoulder reps in a row!?). I rocked my assisted pull ups and incline barbell press though.

No comments: